Other things you need to consider when hiring an attorney is the actual experience level of the attorney. Another thing to consider would be the intelligence and experience level of that attorney. Sometimes it can be deceptive as sometimes older lawyers that have been practicing 30 or 40 years may not be anywhere as good as a lawyer that has been practicing 10 or 15 years. The reason for this is that some lawyers are simply not as aggressive and diligent in keeping up with the law and not as detailed and through as other lawyers. While experience and the amount of time that someone has been practicing law certainly matters when determining who your lawyer is, you need to also look at their experience level, their intelligence and the underlying ability of the attorney you are considering in hiring.
Some of the ways to make this determination is:
1. Ask the attorney how many cases, like yours, they have handled over their career;
2. Ask them the amount of trial experience they have. Certainly attorneys that try similar cases have a better understanding of the value of the cases and will be in a better position to represent you in your case;
3. Ask them how many cases they are presently handling like yours and how many they have handled over the last 5 years;
4. Ask them what were the results of the cases like yours that they have had;
5. Ask them the results they have had with the particular insurance companies that you will be dealing with in your case (see blog – difference between insurance companies and how they handle cases);
6. Ask them if they have been asked to speak in lectures to other lawyers on legal issues and trial strategies;
7. Do they hold any positions within the legal organizations.
This will allow you to judge how they are perceived by other attorneys. Many times lawyers will elect their colleagues who are most respected in their areas to positions of prominence. An attorney who holds such a position will most likely be someone you would want to hire.
The office of Christopher Ligori & Associates is proud of the fact that they are extremely aggressive when litigating cases and that the attorneys within the law firm have tried well over 100 jury trials to verdict. All of the attorneys in the office are AV rated by Martindale Hubble which is a peer review rating that less than 1% of trial lawyers are able to obtain.
If you or someone you know has been injured in an auto or any other type of accident, we at Christopher Ligori & Associates are here to help. Call us at 877-444-2929 and we will be happy to assist you with your loss wage clam, as well as your bodily injury claim, under-insured motorist claim, property damage and any other type of claim that you are entitled to make if you are injured in an auto crash.
To read part 3 click here.