HOW CAN OUR FIRM HELP?
If your home or business has a fire, we are with you every step of the way from the moment you report your claim, documenting your damages and forcing the insurance company to pay what you deserve by:
- Assisting you in reporting the claim accurately
- Attending each and every building inspection by the insurance company
- Hiring your own team of expert witnesses—(for example: engineers, architects, fire investigators, general contractors, contents inventory specialists, forensic accountants)
- Documenting your claim through photographs, expert cause and origin opinions, and damages estimates for the building and contents
- Helping to ensure the temporary expenses to relocate your home or business are documented and paid
- Seeking proper payment for your business interruption loss
- Advising you as to the duties you have under the insurance policy
- Protecting you from abusive investigation tactics by the insurer
- Taking the insurer to court to force it to pay the proper damages
Recovering from a fire at your home or business is stressful enough, and dealing with the insurance company can become a full-time job. We know exactly what needs to be done to properly report and document your claim so we can take it all the way to court if the insurance company refuses to be fair.
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO HIRE AN ATTORNEY?
Insurance companies are not charitable organizations. They are in business to make money. Unfortunately, the insurer’s motivation to be profitable is inconsistent with its duty to pay you in full for your damage and put you in the position you were in before the fire. The insurance company has a team of hired gun experts ready to decide whether your claim is covered and how much they have to pay you for the damages. These experts rely on the volume of work they receive from insurance companies. It is important to hire an attorney to make certain the insurance company is handling your claim properly and to assist you with the following:
- Ensuring the insurance company documents accurate facts during the reporting of the claim
- Preventing the insurance company from asking you to speculate about the cause of the fire and the extent of the damages
- Watching the insurance adjusters during inspections of the property to make sure they are addressing all of the damages
- Hiring reputable engineers and other experts who are qualified to testify in court if the insurer fails to handle the claim properly
- Ensuring your damages to the building and contents are documented early—while the evidence is fresh
- Avoiding denial of the claim that could result from failing to meet your duties under the insurance policy
- Preparing a “Proof of Loss” and supporting documentation when the policy requires it
- Advising you on whether records requests by the insurance company are reasonable or abusive
- Accompanying you to an “Examination Under Oath” (similar to a deposition) if the insurer requests it
- Taking the insurance company to court to force proper payment
Failing to do these things can result in a complete denial of your claim or underpayment by the insurance company—leaving you without all the funds you need to get your building properly repaired.
WHY CALL US?
For almost 20 years, our lead fire damage attorney has been litigating insurance claims. When you hire Christopher Ligori & Associates on your fire claim you get:
We have helped hundreds of building owners recover proper payment from their insurance companies.
We are hired by other lawyers for expert witness advice and consultation; Co-Authored Catastrophe Claims legal manual; Regularly asked to speak at conferences and educational programs.
Our firm’s property insurance division exclusively handles building damage claims—it’s all we do.
We advance the costs to document your claim with reputable engineering and damage investigators qualified to testify in court, and we get reimbursed from your recovery—allowing you to focus on getting back to normal.
We seek full payment all the way to court if necessary; Superbly rated by clients, judges and other attorneys.
For nearly two decades, our property insurance division team has specialized exclusively in building damage insurance claims. We understand how to prepare your claim and help you recover everything you are owed under your policy. Don’t let the insurance company’s team decide the value of your claim. Please do not hesitate to contact us for a free consultation so we can ensure your insurance company pays the full amount of the damages.