Some of the most common types of auto insurance coverages are:
• Liability – This provides coverage for all sums the insured is legally obligated to pay due to an
• Bodily Injury (BI) – Bodily Injury provides coverage for death or serious and permanent injury to
others when you are legally liable for an accident involving your automobile.
• Medical Pay (Med Pay) – This covers medical treatment for the insured
or resident family member resulting from an auto accident, regardless of fault, as
well as any person occupying the covered auto.
• Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – PIP provides coverage for medical benefits, lost
wages and funeral benefits for the insured or resident family member when injured in
his or her vehicle, in someone else’s vehicle, or as a pedestrian or bicyclist.
• Property Damage (PD) – This offers protection in the event that negligent acts or omissions of
an insured result in damage or destruction of another’s property.
• Uninsured Motorist (UM) – This is coverage provided to the insured, resident family
members and any other person occupying the covered automobile for bodily
injury resulting from an accident involving an uninsured or underinsured driver.