Kristin Demers-Crowell, Esq.
Lead Property Insurance Attorney
Schedule a consultation to discuss insurance disputes over hurricanes, fires and other home property disasters
Our property insurance lawyers can help you hold your insurance company to their word. Every few years, hurricanes hit Florida, and property owners who were simply trying to act responsibly by purchasing hurricane insurance are told by their insurance companies they are not protected. Don’t let this happen to you!
Ligori & Associates has been handling insurance claims for nearly 20 years. In that time we have helped hundreds of building owners including condominiums, apartments, marinas, churches, restaurants, and homeowners. We’ll go all over Florida to help our clients, from Pensacola to Jacksonville, Miami or anywhere in the state lines.
Call 877-444-2929 to learn how we can help you get full payment for your claim.
We have helped hundreds of building owners recover proper payment from their insurance companies.
We are hired by other lawyers for expert witness advice and consultation; Co-Authored Catastrophe Claims legal manual; Regularly asked to speak at conferences and educational programs.
Our firm’s property insurance lawyer division exclusively handles building damage claims—it’s all we do.
We advance the costs to document your claim with reputable engineering and damage investigators qualified to testify in court, and we get reimbursed from your recovery—allowing you to focus on getting back to normal.
We seek full payment all the way to court if necessary; Superbly rated by clients, judges and other attorneys.
In This Section
We help you recover everything you are owed under your insurance policy.
Property insurance policies are loaded with exclusions and conditions frequently relied on by insurance companies to delay claim investigations, limit payments and deny coverage. Our experienced policyholder attorneys understand insurance contracts, and insist on fair, proper and prompt evaluation and payment of claims.
From initial claim presentation and defense of examinations under oath to underpayments and claim denials, our Tampa home insurance claim lawyers will guide you through every aspect of the insurance claim process and challenge insurance companies that wrongfully withhold insurance benefits.
Our firm provides representation on a contingency fee basis. This means there is no up-front payment of legal fees required. Rather, our fees are contingent on a successful recovery, and no fees are owed if no recovery is made.
We have handled hundreds of claims for homeowners, condominium associations, apartment buildings, and businesses. Call to quickly deal with…
- Fire/Smoke Claims
- Theft and Vandalism
- Tornado Loss
- Water Damage
- Sinkhole Damage
(Let Our Lawyers Help You Make a Claim)
How Do Property Insurance Lawyers Help?
We help you report your claim accurately by…
- Assisting you in reporting the claim accurately
- Attending each and every building inspection by the insurance company
- Hiring your own team of expert witnesses—(for example: engineers, architects, weather experts, fire investigators, general contractors, contents inventory specialists, forensic accountants)
- Documenting your claim through photographs, expert cause and origin opinions, and damages estimates for the building and contents
- Helping to ensure the temporary expenses to relocate your home or business are documented and paid
- Seeking proper payment for your business interruption loss
- Advising you as to the duties you have under the insurance policy
- Protecting you from abusive investigation tactics by the insurer
- Taking the insurer to court to force it to pay the proper damages
Recovering from damage at your home or business is stressful enough, and dealing with the insurance company can become a full-time job. We know exactly what needs to be done to properly report and document your claim so we can take it all the way to court if the insurance company refuses to be fair.
Why is it important to hire a Property Insurance Attorney?
Insurance companies are not charitable organizations. They are in business to make money. Unfortunately, an insurer’s motivation to be profitable is not always consistent with its duty to pay you in full for your damage. The insurance company has a team of hired gun experts ready to decide whether your claim is covered and how much they will pay you for the damages.
These experts rely on the volume of work they receive from insurance companies. So, it is important to hire an attorney to make certain the insurance company is handling your claim fairly and to assist you with the following:
- Ensuring the insurance company documents accurate facts during the reporting of the claim
- Preventing the insurance company from asking you to speculate about the cause and extent of the damages
- Watching the insurance adjusters during inspections of the property to make sure they are addressing all of the damages
- Hiring reputable engineers and other experts who are qualified to testify in court if the insurer fails to handle the claim properly
- Ensuring your damages to the building and contents are documented early—while the evidence is fresh
- Avoiding denial of the claim that could result from failing to meet your duties under the insurance policy
- Preparing time sensitive documents such as a “Sworn Statement in Proof of Loss” and supporting documentation when the policy requires it
- Advising you on whether records requests by the insurance company are reasonable or abusive
- Accompanying you to an “Examination Under Oath” (similar to a deposition) if the insurer requests it
- Taking the insurance company to court to force proper payment
Failing to do these things can result in a complete denial of your claim or underpayment by the insurance company—leaving you without all the funds you need to get your building properly repaired.
Contact Us Now
For over 18 years, our property insurance division team has specialized exclusively in building damage insurance claims. We understand how to prepare your claim and help you recover everything you are owed under your policy. Don’t let the insurance company’s team decide the value of your claim.
If you have a loss at your home or business, you are welcome to call Kristi for a free consultation — even before you report your insurance claim — so she can ensure the insurance company pays the full amount of the damages you are welcome to call.