Homeowner in Florida? You need to act fast.
People in Florida know only too well that adverse climatic events can ruin your life. The way you react to it in the days following is a real game changer.
A natural disaster is one of the things you never want to be involved in. However, no matter how cautious you will be, it doesn’t protect you from nature, flood and wind damages…
If you are a victim of Hurricane Hermine, we can help you with any insurance question or claim. Anywhere in Florida, our experienced insurance claims and disputes attorneys will work with you to reduce the stress due to flood or wind damage.
Call now, seek advice and help from professionals.
While you are still on your own, Christopher Ligori and Associates would like to remind fellow Floridians to always apply the following recovery tips that will help dealing with the aftermath:
- Stay away from downed power lines, even if they do not appear to be working. Be safe and call the power company to report any outages.
- Photograph and document every damage on your property. Documenting the damage thoroughly with photos will make any insurance claim process easier. In addition to photos, you should keep a running list of all damaged items.
- Only conduct emergency repairs. Do only what is necessary to prevent further damage after a hurricane (maybe covering broken windows with plastic or your roof with tarps to keep the rain out). You should not make or pay for permanent repairs until an insurance adjuster reviews the damage. We know… it’s tempting to start cleaning up and throwing out damaged items to leave the storm behind, but your insurance company needs to see what happened firsthand.
- Secure your Home Inventory. No, you are not allowed to say “my what?”. It is crucial to compile a home inventory of your possessions BEFORE a storm strikes and keep it in a safe place. It could consist of a list that documents the content of your home. The inventory should be completed with photos, detailed descriptions, and ideally, purchase receipts. This will make any insurance claims process much easier.
- File a claim as soon as possible. We know only too well that insurance companies sometimes apply the “first-come, first-served” rule; so it is really in your best interest to file an insurance claim ASAP. An adjuster will then come to your property, go through the damage and determine the importance of your payout.
- Last but not least: Do not let a single event overwhelm your entire life.
While suffering damage or loss from a hurricane is undoubtedly devastating, the hardest part frequently comes after. That’s why it is imperative to follow up on everything that needs to be taken care of.
While recovery takes time, things have to be taken care of quickly and thoroughly, that’s why our insurance claims lawyers will offer a personalized service to Hurricane Hermine’s victims throughout Florida. How about WE focus on every detail while YOU focus on getting your life back?
Let us help. Call now to get help with your Hurricane Damage Claim
Toll Free: (877) 444-2929
Call us 24 hours, 7 days a week
If you have any questions about what you should do with insurance claims following Hurricane Hermine or any natural disaster, contact one of the insurance claims attorneys at Christopher Ligori and Associates for a free consultation.
Se habla español