Boating accidents can result in serious injuries that require extensive medical care and leave victims unable to work. You may be entitled to compensation for your pain and suffering, lost wages, medical bills, future treatment costs, loss of earning capacity if you are disabled from the injury or death benefits if someone is killed as a result of the accident.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident on the water, our Florida boating accident attorney team can help.
We are here to make sure that your rights are protected and receive the compensation you deserve for your injuries. Our team of boat accident lawyers will fight hard to get you what is rightfully yours.
BOATING ACCIDENT LAWYER TEAM, REPRESENTING CLIENTS IN THE TAMPA BAY AREA AND THROUGHOUT FLORIDA
The thrill of boating is one that millions across America enjoy, but there’s always the risk involved. With the highest number of registered vessels and reportable personal watercraft accidents in America, Florida is unfortunately not always a boaters paradise.
In 2020, the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) released statistics showing 836 Florida boating accident cases that resulted in 79 deaths and 534 injuries.
If you’ve been injured in a boating accident, it’s important to find experienced boating accident attorneys. We know how difficult it is to deal with insurance companies after an accident, so we will handle everything for you. We have over 30 years of experience representing clients who have been seriously injured by the negligence of others.
At Ligori Law, our boat accident attorneys are committed to providing our clients with exceptional legal representation and personal attention throughout their boating accident claims. We will work tirelessly to ensure that your rights are protected and receive the compensation you deserve for your personal injuries.
HAVE YOU SUFFERED BOAT ACCIDENT INJURIES?
Boating accidents can happen at any time, often when you least expect it, so it’s important to be aware of the most common causes:
- Distracted boat operators
- Inexperienced boat operators
- Alcohol consumption
- Careless and reckless boat operators
- Excessive speed
- Bad weather
- Lack of safety equipment such as life vests
- Improper lookout (not monitoring the boat’s surroundings)
- Machinery failure
Common types of boat accident injuries (including jet ski accidents) include:
TIPS FOR AVOIDING BOATING ACCIDENTS
While boat accidents are often unexpected, there are a few things you can do to avoid a boat accident as best as possible:
- Boating safety: you should always make sure your boat is in working order before you set off. You can check for things like steering, throttle and battery lines, among other features, to ensure that they’re functioning properly.
- Life vests: the best way to keep your passengers safe is by ensuring they are always wearing a life vest. Make sure to keep these handy and make them easy to reach so everyone can use one if needed!
- Avoid alcohol: it is always important to be aware of the safety limits you can operate a boat under. You should never go out on one while drinking alcohol because it will only affect your judgment, which may lead to an accident or tragedy!
- Weather checks: watch news updates about weather patterns forecasted in your area so that you don’t end up taking the boat out when a storm may be approaching.
WHAT SHOULD YOU DO AFTER A BOAT ACCIDENT?
In the unfortunate event that you’ve been involved in a boating accident, there are a few steps you should follow:
- If someone has suffered a boating accident injury, contact emergency services immediately.
- If the damage is significant or someone has been injured, you’ll need to report the accident to the US Coast Guard.
- Gather as much evidence as you can to document the accident: take photos of the damages and injuries caused.
- Consult a boat accident lawyer – especially if the accident was a result of someone else’s negligence.
SEEKING A BOATING ACCIDENT ATTORNEY?
If you’ve been involved in a serious accident, boating injuries can be severe and even fatal. And for most boating accident victims, it can be difficult to recover their losses.
If you have been involved in a boating accident, you may not know who to turn to or what your rights are as an injured party. You need help with the legal process of getting compensation for your boating accident injuries and other damages caused by this accident.
Ligori Law Florida boating accident lawyers have over 30 years of experience helping people just like you get the compensation they deserve after being injured in a boating accident due to someone else’s negligence or carelessness on the water. Our boat injury attorneys will work tirelessly to obtain maximum financial recovery for all of your damages, including medical bills, lost wages, pain & suffering, loss of quality life and more!
Christopher Ligori & Associates has successfully represented clients with boat-related accidents across Florida for years. If you have been injured and need access to Tampa boat accident lawyers, call Christopher Ligori & Associates at 877-444-2929 for a free consultation.