Nobody wants to get into a car accident, but life happens.
There are over 1,000 car accidents in the Tampa area every single month and most people who get into car accidents don’t understand the importance of speaking with an attorney.
By no means do you need to hire a lawyer after your car accident but there are a few good reasons why it’s worth it, just to get some advice.
Here are 5 reasons why you should consider talking to a lawyer if you have been involved in a car accident.
- Almost all insurance companies are for-profit businesses and most of them are publicly traded on the stock market. This means they have to make a profit in order for shareholders to be satisfied. In order to make a profit, insurance companies, like Progressive, State Farm, Allstate and more need to collect more money in insurance premiums than they pay out in accident claims. Simple math. They increase profit by paying out as little money as they can. So this means if they pay you less on your car accident claim they make more money. Thus, the stock price goes up and investors/shareholders are happy. A lawyer can provide guidance so the insurance company won’t take advantage of you.
- Your car has been damaged. The last thing you want to be doing is driving you and your family around in a vehicle that is not safe to drive. Since you’ll need to get your car repaired, it will need to go to an auto repair or auto body shop. Most insurance companies have “preferred” repair facilities that they want you to go to. Think about that? They want you to go to their “preferred” body shop. Why do you suppose they want you to do that? The body shops work for the insurance company thus they control what gets repaired, how it is repaired and the quality of any repairs. We can help you get your vehicle to a fair, honest and unbiased repair facility so that your car gets repaired correctly and you and your loved ones know that your car is safe.
- If you have been injured, you need to seek medical attention. However, over 90% of doctors don’t like treating people who have been involved in a car accident. Why? When a doctor performs treatment on someone who has been involved in a car accident they are likely to end up in deposition or in court. This takes time away from their practice and that is not what they want to do. If you speak to an attorney, they can provide a list of doctors who will provide top quality medical care and are willing to go to court or deposition if needed.
- It is very possible that you are going to miss time away from work if you have been in a car accident. You’ll need to go to the hospital, doctor’s office, get a car rental, go to the body shop and more. This means time away from work and time is money. You should get paid for the time you missed away from work. A lawyer can help give you information on what you need to know about getting paid for the time that you should have been working due to a car accident.
- It’s free to talk to a lawyer! In fact, our services are 100% free until we win your case. Once we win your case, then we collect a fee from the winnings of your car accident case. If we lose, you owe nothing.
There is zero obligation to speak to an attorney and most people don’t even consider speaking to a lawyer. However, if you want your health to be a priority, ensure your vehicle is repaired correctly and you don’t want to get taken advantage of then you should call a lawyer.
We can help walk you through all of these things if you give us a call at (813) 223-2929. We are available 24/7 to take your call. Or fill out our form below and someone from our office will give you a call.